2.03 Virtual Host Policies
Starting and ending your shift
- When you start your shift immediately set your status on Front to "In Office," use this article to find out how.
- Immediately following that write "signing in" in the "Shift Management" thread of front
- When you are about to end your shift write set your status on Front to "Out of Office," use this article to find out how.
- Finally write "signing out" in the "Shift Management" thread of front.
All Virtual Hosts are expected to start their shift on time. Starting your shift late will lead to you being placed on probation.
- Action in the form of archival, escalation or response should be taken within 5 minutes of receiving the message.
- Guesty inbox must be refreshed every 30 minutes to avoid being logged out
Failure to respond within 5 minutes will lead to you being placed on probation.
If a response is complex and will take longer than 5 minutes you should comment on it in a relevant thread that you are working on it.
- You may take a total of 30 minutes of breaks for each 4 hour period. Breaks may not carry over if you have a second 4 hour shift. E.g. you may not take a 1 hour break on an 8 hour shift. Each break must be separate by at least 1 hour.
- Any break that would cause you not meet the response time of 5 minutes should be commented in the Shift Management thread and your manager should be @ tagged
- We will schedule your break ahead of time and add it to your shift googlesheet. If you want to change the time of your break you need to let one of us know in the Shift Management thread and wait for us to confirm it.
Starting and Ending your Break
- When you start your break immediately switch your status on Front to "Out of Office"
- Immediately after changing your status announce how long you will be gone for in the Shift Management thread of Front. eg "Signing off for 30 minute break"
- When you return from break immediately switch your status on Front back to "In Office"
- Immediately after changing your status announce your return in the Shift Management thread. eg. "Back from break."
- Read through the past Front conversations and comments during your shift. This will help you learn how we respond to different guest inquiries.
- Alert your manager of any Helpdocs that you feel are missing and should be created
- Report an issue for any Helpdocs that need to be updated