Known Issues - 8 Erie #302
- The front door lock
- Leaking Pipe in Master Bedroom Closet
- Water Dripping from Ducts/Pipes on the Ceiling
- Downstairs circuit failure
- Garbage Disposer:
- Internet Difficulties
The front door lock
From inside: To lock from the inside, turn the large silver colored knob above the door handle.
From outside: To lock it from the outside, he/she may simply press/tap the bottom button twice of the keypad to lock, or use his/her key from the silver bowl on the kitchen counter
Lock is not working : It may be out of batteries. The batteries for the keypad need to be changed once every 3 months. (last date of change was June 28th, 2018)
Leaking Pipe in Master Bedroom Closet
In the corner of the closet on the left hand side of the wall that faces the door is a pipe that comes out of the ceiling.
It occasionally drips, this is a result of condensation on the pipe before it.
Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to prevent the condensation there
Water Dripping from Ducts/Pipes on the Ceiling
These pipes are bare metal and when they are cold and the air is humid they will collect condensation.
This will result in some dripping.
It is unsightly but it is safe and there is no solution other than to wipe it up.
Downstairs circuit failure
Issue: Sometimes the downstairs main circuit fails
This will make the smart lock fail,
it will also make the outlets in the kitchen fail.
Solution: Reset Breaker Panel
Check the breaker panel on the wall by the entrance and turn everything back to the on position. If there is a switch that won't turn back on, turn it all the way off and then back on again.
"The kitchen sink does not have a disposer. Please make sure to clear the drain and use the trash can to dispose of any rubbish or food items."
If the WiFi/internet goes out...
- Please completely unplug the router and leave it unplugged for 5 minutes and then plug it back in.
- See this article for more info
- If this does not fix it go to the breaker panel and make sure all switches are in the on position.
- If any switches appear to be only part way to on, set them to OFF and then back to ON.
- If this does not fix it then we will have to reboot the main Verizon ONT box
- The Verizon ONT box is in the closet of the master bedroom (the bedroom on the first floor) directly to the right of the door on the wall.
- I will help you with the manual reboot steps of the main Verizon.
- If that does not help I will go ahead and schedule a technician who will check the lines physically.
How to reset the ONT box and reseat battery cables
- First, unplug the ONT box from the power outlet and make sure the screw on the right-hand side of the battery backup is removed
- Once you have removed the screw, grab the left-hand side of the cover panel. There are two tabs that must be pressed in.
- Once the tabs are depressed, pull the panel out and then up.
- This will expose the battery. There is a tab on each side of the battery. You don't have to pull these apart, simply turn the battery to the side and slide it out.
- Once you have removed the battery, disconnect the leads from the top of the battery.
- Then re-attach the leads to the top of the battery and place it back in the box and replug the ONT