Check Guesty settings before making listing live
In this section we will see how to verify a listing has all the correct settings in Guesty before pushing it to live.
Step 1: Search for a property by entering keywords.
Step 2: Click on a property name in the results to go to property details page.
Step 3: Click on Property tab.
Step 4: Go to "Listing address" section and correct the listing address(if required) to match with the address.
Step 5: Go to "Listing type"/"Property type"/"Owners" section and check if all the information is correct.
- Listing type - Should always be Entire home/apt
- Property type - Should always be apartment
- Owners - Is usually blank, but can have an owners name if the property is not company owned
- Occupancy - Should match up with the people who can sleep in beds, including sofa beds. E.g. if there are 2 queen size beds (each sleeps 2) and one sofa bed (sleeps 2) then the occupancy should be 6.
- Bedrooms - Should have the correct number according to the floor plan in the design book.
- Beds - Should have the correct number of beds according to the design book (make sure to include the sofa beds. If there are 5 queen beds and one sofa bed, make sure to keep the count as 6)
- Bathrooms - Should have the correct number according to the floor plan in the design book.
Step 6: Go to "Amenities" section and tick on the boxes for all the amenities that are correct.
You should check the building website and design book to ensure these are correct.
The following amenities should be checked off for every listing, since they are standard for all units:
- Air conditioning
- Bed linens
- Wireless Internet
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and Silverware
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/Kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Hot water
- Room darkening shades
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years old)
- Suitable for children (2-12 years old)
- Towels provided
Step 7: Go to "Terms" section and check if all information is correct.
- Default check in time - It should be 16:00
- Default check out time - It should be 11:00
Step 8: Go to "Availability Settings" section and check if all information is correct.
- Selection in dropdown - By default the calendar is available
Step 9: Go to "Additional Information" section and check if all information is filled out.
Step 10: Go to "Default Values For Reservation Additional Information" section and check if all information is correct.
- ID Verified - No
All of these should be blank -
- Risk score
- Reason reservation approved if risk score was escalated
- Email provided
- Phone provided
- Apartment door code for this guest
- Building door code for this guest
All of these should be set to Yes -
- All automations
- Message when guest books (on Channel- at time of booking)
- Request for ID verification (Email- at time of booking)
- Request to complete ID verification (SMS- 3 hrs after booking)
- Reminder to complete ID verification (Email & SMS- 24 & 26 hrs after booking respectively)
- Check-in instructions (Email- 2 days before check-in at 12pm)
- Confirm guest received check-in instructions (SMS- 2 days before check-in)
- Day of arrival (SMS- 9 am day of arrival)
- How's everything at the apartment? (SMS- 9am day after arrival)
- Checkout instructions (Email- 7 pm day before checkout)
- Reminder of 11 am checkout (9 am day of checkout)
- Guest feedback request (SMS 3 days after checkout)
All of these should be blank/set to No-
- Paid in full (do not touch!)
- Credit card authorized (do not touch!)
- Full instructions
- Trust me, the CC is authorized
- Black listed guest
- ID verification link
- Is test reservation
- Early Check-In Expected
- VIP Guest
Step 11: Click on "Automation" and go to "AutoMessage".
Step 12: Check if all the settings are correct in "Automated Messages" section.
- Active - This should always be set to ON.
Step 13: Go to "Reservation Confirmed" section and click on "Airbnb channel message at booking confirmation" .
Step 14: Check if the information is correct in "Automated Message for all listings".
- Enabled - This should always be set to ON.
- Internal Name - Should be filled
- This information is relevant for - Should be set to "All listings"
- To - Should be set to Guest
- Message - Should have the template
- Click on Save to apply changes
Step 15: Click on "Automation" and go to "AutoResponse".
Step 16: Click on "Automation" and go to "AutoResponse".
- Active - This should always be set to ON.
- For the first message - This should always be set to ON.
- Customize message - Should have the template
- Delay answer ( in minutes ) - Should be 20
Step 17: Click on "Automation" and go to "Calendar Rules".
Step 18: Check if the information is correct in "Calendar Rules".
- Active - This should be set to ON only for combination listings.
- Add Rule - Add a rule to block the other property's calendar only for combination listings. See this guide for how to set up Smart Calendar Rules for combination listings.
Step 19: Click on "Automation" and go to "AutoReviews".
Step 20: Check if the information is correct in "AutoReviews".
- Active - This should be set to ON.
- Delay (in days) - Should be 2
- Rating to use - Should be 5 stars
- Review templates - Should have 5 default templates
Step 21: Click on "Automation" and go to "AutoPricing".
Step 22: Check if the information is correct in "AutoPricing".
- Active - This should be set to OFF.
Step 23: Click on "Automation" and go to "AutoPayments".
Step 24: Check if the information is correct in "AutoPayments".
- Scheduled collection of payment: "At Confirmation"
- Amount to collect: "50 %"
- Use guest's card - Should be ticked
- Scheduled collection of payment: "7 Days Before Check in"
- Amount to collect: "Rest of payment" of the total payout
- Use guest's card - Should be ticked
- Scheduled hold (capture) of funds: "60 Hours Before Check in"
- Amount to hold: "300 $"
- Charge captured funds? - "No"
- Release captured funds? - "No"
Step 25: Click on "Marketing" tab.
Step 26: Go to the "Pictures" section.
All the pictures should show correctly and should not be broken.
Step 27: Scroll to the "Public Descriptions" section.
Description needs to be present in all the fields. Format should match with the guidelines in Helpdocs.
Step 28: Click on "Financials" tab.
Step 29: Go to the "Pricing" section.
- Base Price - Should be default price for this listing. This doesn't matter much since we use PriceLabs.
- Cleaning Fee - Should be correct for this listing
- Guests Included in Price - Should be the number of guests which can sleep on all the standard beds combined.
- E.g. If there are 4 queen size beds (each sleeps 2) and 2 sofa beds (each sleeps 2) then the Guests Included in Price should be 8.
- Guests sleeping on sofa beds do not count towards the guests included in price and will always ben counted as extra.
- Extra Person Fee - "$25 per extra person per night"
- Security Deposit Fee - Default value is "$300 per stay". In case of high end properties, this fee can be higher.
- Markups - Should use the account settings
- You can edit the settings by clicking on pencil icon. Make sure to click on "Save" after making the changes.
Step 30: Go to the "Discounts" section.
- Monthly Discount - "15% per stay"
- Weekly Discount - "10% per stay"
Step 31: Go to the "Expenses" section.
- Channel Commission - Should use the account settings
- Commission Calculation - Should use the account settings
Step 32: Go to the "Settings" section.
- Listing Currency - "US Dollar (USD)"
Step 33: Click on "Settings" tab.
Step 34: Go to the "General" section.
- PMS Features - Should be set to ON
- Nickname - Should be in standard nickname format (number/street name/apartment number - e.g. 12 Saddlewood Ct)
- Tags - Relevant owner's tags
Step 35: Go to "Inbox" section.
- Custom Signature - Should have text in correct format
Step 36: Go to "Cleaning Status" section.
- Active - Should be set to OFF
Step 36: Go to "Tax Configuration" section.
- Use account financial settings - Should be set to ON if you are in Jersey City, other wise you need to set it to OFF and add your local city.