When to fix a problem vs reporting it
Follow the check list below to determine if you should fix a problem yourself vs reporting it in the Properly app.
Report a problem if any of the following are true
- The problem was caused by the guest damaging the property
- You tried to fix the problem and were unable to
- The problem requires a ladder
- The problem involves electricity, gas, or heat
- The problem requires more than 10 minutes to fix
- There is a water leak causing damage. Please turn off the water as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
If you are unsure if you should report a problem, it's best to go ahead and report it in the Properly app.
Examples of problems you should fix
- Replacing light bulbs or batteries
- Tightening a loose screw with a screwdriver
- Resetting an AC that doesn't seem to be blowing cold air
- Adjusting a closet door so it is on the tracks
- Rehanging a shower curtain that has fallen
- Reset the router if the Wifi is not working. If it doesn't work after you reset it, you should report the issue.
- Replace a missing lockbox
- Copy missing keys
- Sink or bath is clogged- pour Drano down the sink and then run hot water 30 minutes after. If this doesn't work, you can then report the issue.
Examples of problems you should report
- Heat is not working in the unit
- AC is not working after your reset it
- Bed frame is broken
- Couch is broken and does not fold out
- Smoke detector is beeping for low battery, but it is too high to reach
- Toilet is not flushing
- There is no hot water in the apartment