Training Agenda- Day 1
Follow this agenda for the first day of cleaner train.
Review all onboarding paperwork to make sure it's complete.
Properly App Introduction
- Explain that we use Properly to send out cleaning jobs, track time, and ensure cleanings are done correctly. We use Properly to calculate payment, so the check list must be completed correctly for us to send payment.
- Explain check lists and verification photos
- Get the cleaner's email and phone numbers and invite the cleaners on Properly
- Go through the learning how to use Properly article step by step, including setting up an account
- Guests still in the apartment
- Should I fix something or report the problem
- Give a few examples and ask the cleaner how they would handle the issue
- Emphasize that this is a hotel cleaning. The unit should feel brand new and be fully stocked with consumables for every guest. If they are on the fence if an issue needs to be addressed, they should report it.
- Let them know that we will be conducting random in person cleaning inspections that they'll be graded on
Properly Live Demo
- Walk them through a full demo on your phone- from accepting cleaning job to finishing cleaning and getting feedback.
- Send yourself the "Cleaner training demo" check list from the "Sample Property" for this demo
- You should be walking around the unit showing them each step
- Let the cleaner know that this a shorter check list for training purposes. The normal check list will have more items and contain more photos.
- Show them how to:
- View their schedule
- Find access instructions and other important details
- Start and pause the job
- Report a problem
- Go through all check list and verification photos
- View feedback after the cleaning
- Ask if they have any questions or if anything needs to be repeated
Properly Scenario 1
- Send each cleaner the "Cleaner training demo" check list from the "Sample Property" and have them accept the cleaning. Ask them to show you:
- Time and day the cleaning is
- Property the cleaning is at
- Access instructions to the property
- Have the cleaner start the check list outside the apartment and follow the sample check list to to the end of the list
- If there are multiple cleaners, have the others watch as you work with one at a time giving feedback along the way
- During the sample cleaning tell them that something is broken and ask what they would do. Make sure to vary the problem to be either something they should fix or report.
Properly Scenario 2
- Send each cleaner the "Cleaner training demo" check list from the "Sample Property" and have them accept the cleaning.
- Ask the cleaner to start the check list and go through everything, while teaching you how to use Properly
- It's important to let them teach you how use the app. This shows that they fully understand how to use it.
- Avoid giving specific feedback until the end unless absolutely necessary. Instead, if they forget someting you can say "What should you do before x?"
- Each cleaner should teach you how to use the app. If you are training multiple people, the other can look on, but only one person should be walking you through the app.
Go throught this scenario as many times as you need to until the cleaner is able to teach you perfectly how to use the app.
- If something changes and you are no longer able to do a cleaning, you must cancel the cleaning on Properly. If the cleaning is within 72 hours, you must notify us by SMS. If the cleaning is within 24 hours, you must send us an SMS and call us.
- Cleanings should be started no later than 11:15 am, unless instructed otherwise.
- All cleanings must be completed by 3 pm. If the cleaning is running behind due to an overly messy guest, let us know ASAP.
- All pillows, comforters, etc. must have covers on them
- We conduct random cleaning inspections to ensure that everything is cleaned to our standards. You'll receive feedback from your manager after these inspections.
Feedback and Questions
- Send the cleaner sample feedback through Properly on the check list they just completed and ask them to show it to you
- Reiterate that this is a hotel clean and the apartment should look brand new for each guest
- Ask if they have any questions