Maintenance Only: Troubleshooting Furnace and Boiler
This is what needs to happen
- Ensure thermostat on wall in hallway is programmed appropriately and is calling for heat.
- Check pressure on boiler in back room (should be around 19 psi)
- If pressure is low, let water in through relief valve on top of furnace.
- Wait and feel radiators downstairs getting hot
- Get bucket and radiator key**, go upstairs to top radiators at top floor (4th floor)
- Bleed radiators on top floor, let air out until you get water.
- Go back to boiler and let in more water to put pressure at 19 psi.