Handyman In-Person Interview Questions
The italicized items are the answers you should be looking for from an applicant.
- What type of repairs are you able to handle?
- We want someone who can handle all basic repairs- minor plumbing issues, painting, etc.
- Are you able to bring your own tools?
- They must have their own tools
- Are you comfortable using an application on your phone to manage your work calendar?
- We need handymen to be able to us the Properly app.
- We have some regular maintenance such as changing AC filters, painting touch ups, and refreshing the apartment so it looks new for future guests. Are you interested in this work?
- We want a handyman that is willing to do this.
- Are you ok with handling small jobs as they come up, such as unclogging toilets, checking leaks, jams? Some of these jobs are less than one hour of work.
- We are looking for a handyman who is willing to handle these small emergency repairs. If they require a 2 hour minimum charge to do this work, that is ok.
- How much notice do you need for a job?
- We want someone who can do last minute work.
- How much are you insured for?
- We require $1 MM in general liability insurance.
- If you are not insured would you be willing to get insurance?
- Handyman must be willing to get insured.
- Are you comfortable fixing something in the apartment while a guest is staying?
- We want someone comfortable working with guests there.