Building info needed for each property
For each building, we should create a Helpdoc that contains all of the following policies:
- What needs to be arranged to move in?
- Do you need any paperwork from us?
- Lease said the building had to be named as AI on insurance, but they accepted Property Manager name as AI
- Do you need any paperwork from the moving company (certificate of insurance, etc)?
- Are there certain days or times when we can move in? Does a day/time need to be reserved?
- Lease said 10am-10pm Mon-Fri, but management said 10am-6pm Mon-Fri (office hours)
- Do we need to use a specific elevator? Does an elevator need to be reserved?
- Security deposit paperwork said no furniture in elevators, but management said any elevator
- Are there any restrictions on furniture truck size?
- Security deposit paperwork said no 18-wheelers
- Where can the furniture truck park?
Parking policies for guests
- What is the policy for guest parking (free, paid, cost if paid, number of spots, etc.)?
- Is there a certain area where guests should park?
- Is there a certain area where visitors can park?
- Is anything needed to access the parking area, such as a code or remote?
Trash and recycling
- Where should moving trash, such as broken down boxes, be taken?
- Where should trash be taken on regular days?
- Where should recycling be taken?
- What time are the amenities open? List the open time of all amenities.
- What is needed to access the amenities (key fob, keypad, etc)?
- Are there any restrictions on the amenities (no glass, no children, number of guests, etc)?
- Is there a building laundry area? If so, what is the cost of machines and how are they paid for? E.g. coins or card.
- What type of window treatments come with the apartment?
- What is the policy if we want to replace the window treatments? E.g. If we want to put blackout curtains on bedroom windows.
- Does the apartment have a washer/dryer? If yes, what is the model?
Local public transportation
- What is the local public transportation? List options and cost.
- How do Ubers/taxis enter and pick up at the property?